SCHOOL'S BACK IN SESSION
Grazia Academy is back with a second season featuring fresh new courses and a superstar make-up artist who’s taken time out from the international catwalks to join us
WELCOME TO THE FUTURE OF FASHION in the Middle East. Here’s how you can be a part of it.
Grazia has teamed up with College of Fashion Design in Dubai to offer five bespoke courses to help you make your first move into the fashion and beauty world.
Whether you’re looking for a career change, a side-hustle, or if you think you’re the region’s next big Insta star, the Grazia Academy offers relevant, real-world skills for the digital age, taught by industry experts.
Geared for Grazia girls-on-the-go, these day-long courses take place on Saturdays throughout the summer at CFD’s state-of-the-art HQ in Bay Square, Dubai, under the tutelage of Dean Haifa Al Anjari.
See you in class!
Editor in Chief
FASHION STYLING AND ART DIRECTION
Date: 21 DECEMBER 2019
Tutor: MANUELA PIROLA
- Exploring the opportunities for a stylist in contemporary media
- Building relationships with fashion brands, editors, PRs, model agencies and photographers
- How to research and create a moodboard, and pitch a fashion shoot to a brand or publication
- How to prep for a shoot
- How to put together your own portfolio on a budget
LUXURY BRAND MANAGEMENT
Date: 18 JANUARY 2020
Tutor: ROHMA NOMANI-THEUNISSEN
- The power of brand perception
- Building brand equity
- The luxury market today
- Understanding brand positioning
- Communicating with the luxury consumer
MAKE-UP FOR VIDEO TUTORIALS
Date: 11 JANUARY 2020
Tutor: VIMI JOSHI
- Top three trending beauty looks
- Building relationships with beauty brands
- The art of swatching and unboxing
- The key to content creation
- How to build engagement
- The kit you need and how to use it
HOW TO INFLUENCE ON INSTAGRAM
Date: 25 JANUARY 2020
Tutor: BRIAR PRESTIDGE
- Defining and developing your personal brand
- Finding your target audience
- Nailing down a content strategy
- Instagram hacks for boosting engagement
- Creating a high-profile presence