Even though the UAE has begun to lift restrictions and reopen businesses gradually; evidence has shown that COVID-19 may stay viable from hours to days on certain surfaces made from diverse materials. Therefore, the US Center of Disease Control (CDC) advises to clean and sanitise frequently touched surfaces and objects to kill the virus. In addition, Dubai Police has released precautionary measures against COVID-19 to put in place when returning home from work or grocery shopping to keep you and your family healthy.
- The first step before entering your home is to take off your shoes outside the house, and don’t forget while wearing gloves to disinfect them.
- Before touching anything, directly go wash your hand for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- If you don’t have soap, you can use an alcohol-based hand sanitiser.
- Leave all of your personal items such as wallet, keys, phone, bag, and even purchases box at the entrance of your home and sanitise them all.
- While disinfecting them, don’t forget to where gloves.
- Put in the trash the gloves and face mask you’ve used.
- Shower right after you’ve done everything.
- Remove your clothes, and either put them directly in the washer or in a plastic bag and then in your laundry.
- Put some fresh and clean clothes on.
- Now, be proud that you've done everything you can to protect yourself and your loved ones.