Is cutting-edge self-analysis up your street? DNA testing works to increase your wellness by looking beyond heritage alone. Your genes aren’t just about hair and eye colour – they inﬂuence your diet habits, physiological traits such as endurance and decisiveness, plus your capacity to burn fat, metabolism speed and susceptibility to nutrient deﬁciencies. Not to mention any predispositions to certain illnesses, right through to how your skin will age.
- TRY: The Hundred Wellness. This works with the prestigious DNAlysis biotechnology in South Africa to determine results after a simple, pain-free swab test that takes two minutes, followed by a meeting with a doctor and tailored lifestyle supplements to start your new life off on the right foot.
Consistently bad sleep equals weight gain, increased anxiety and hormone imbalances. What a combo, eh? It’s high time to prioritise hitting the sack well, so ditch the phone and eating before bedtime, look for products that induce rest and apps that monitor your sleep patterns so you can keep track of what works for you.
- TRY: Deep Sleep Pillow Spray by This Works, Dhs120. It does what it says on the tin.
No rocket science required to realise that the one-to-one encouragement of a personal trainer provides the motivation required to shake off feeling like Bridget Jones on a treadmill and channel Ariana Grande on an exercise bike. But they’re so expensive. What to do?
- TRY: Fitbit Coach. Considered the best PT app on the market for 2018. Choose from affordable subscriptions, preferred coaches and personalised workout plans based on your progress. Ultimate #goals.
The A-list’s way to nourish and re-energise, providing a hit of vitamins and antioxidants, as well as an immunity boost and hydration at lightning speed. Just ask Adele, Chrissy Teigen and Jane Fonda. Granted, the process seems a little scary, so how does it work for real people – and which one is best?
- TRY: Intercare Wellness. These guys offer a personalised IV infusion service available at home, or even in your ofﬁce, across Dubai and Abu Dhabi.
Pinterest revealed an increase of 251 per cent of people saving pins related to good gut health. The prediction? We’ll be doing a lot of navel gazing this year. Often called the body’s second brain – for good reason – it has a signiﬁcant impact not only on physical health but mental health too.
- TRY: Gut microbiome testing. Intercare Wellness offers a test assessing three critical areas: digestive function, gut inﬂammation, and the gut microbiome, all affecting not only GI health, but overall health as well.