His Highness Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the UAE and Ruler of Dubai has revealed 10 guidelines on how Emiratis should conduct themselves on social media.
He shared the details and itemised list, in Arabic, on his Instagram and Twitter pages.
They are as follows in English:
- A person who represents Sheikh Zayed, the UAE’s founding father, and his principles when interacting with others.
- A person who reflects the knowledge, culture and the level and sophistication of civilization achieved by the UAE.
- A person who does not use insults, foul language or any other word that’s indecent.
- A person who uses logic and reasoning in a conversation.
- A person who appreciates a good word, a beautiful picture and interacts with positive thoughts, cultures and societies.
- A person who helps others by sharing information, ideas, social and human initiatives that enrich the country.
- A person who gets involved with his/her international surroundings, speaks its language, deals with its issues and positively interacts with its future.
- A confident person who accepts differences and builds bridges with other people.
- A person who reflects the humble nature and love of Emiratis, and the love and openness towards others.
- A person who adores the nation, is always proud of it, and would sacrifice for it.
Sheikh Mohammed also wrote an open letter to residents and citizens in September, urging them not to harm the UAE's image on social media.
He urged citizens to be accept differences and bridge gaps with others, and reflect the UAE’s love and openness towards others.
Photos: Instagram and Supplied