COVID-19 has prompted job losses and serious pay cuts worldwide: an estimated 2.7 billion employees are now out of work according to the International Labour Organisation.
But despite the high unemployment rate, some industries, in fact, are hiring eagerly due to staff shortages. As for high-demand sectors, they include e-commerce, IT, logistics, sales, medical and insurance industries.
Tech sectors are seeking professionals, who can help companies operate online. These jobs include software engineering, cloud infrastructure, cyber security, business intelligence and data analytics as well as digital product development and management (user interface and user experience (UI/UX) and product managers).
Finance sectors are looking for credit controllers and for financial planning and analysis to advance and help companies in financial decisions. Medical service providers are also very high in demand, including nurses, doctors and consultants.
Your job search starts here:
- Federal Government job portal - Federal Authority for Government Human Resources
- Emirates Job Bank, for UAE nationals interested in applying for jobs offered by government entities and the private sector.
- Tawteen Gate, Ministry of Human Resources snd Emiratisation (MOHRE) service for UAE nationals only
- Virtual Job Market by MOHRE
- Abu Dhabi Government job portal
- Dubai Careers - Dubai Government job portal