Noor Tagouri is a force to be reckoned with. She is also the ultimate multi-hyphenate with a career that spans journalism, production, activism, motivational speaking and modelling. Pretty impressive for a 25 year old, or anyone for that matter.
Here are a few inspirational facts about the young Libyan-American set to be a leader in a new and more socially-conscious than ever before genereation.
1. Having started her broadcasting career as an intern at CBS Radio in 2003, Noor became the first hijabi news anchor in mainstream US television history through the self-started social media campaign #LetNoorShine.
2. Her social media following of over one million has been lauded for being one of the most socially-aware and engaged communities online.
3. Over past seven years Noor has become a prominent keynote speaker, touring universities worldwide as well as appearing at Cannes Lions, SXSW, TEDx, and New York Fashion Week.
4. In 2018 Noor produced an documentary series Sold in America accompanied by a Gracy award-winning spinoff podcase that debuted at number eight on the Apple iTunes Charts, with over two million downloads.
5. Noor Tagouri was the first woman to appear in the newly-reimagined Playboy magazine wearing a hijab. She saw it as an opportunity to challenge the representation of Muslim women in media explaining how she, "a fully clothes Muslim-American woman took an iconic magazine and used it to spread a positive message."
Nour is part of a generation of young, strong women from different cultures, backgrounds and religions who are fighting for positive change and shaping a fairer world we're proud to be a part of.