After docking in Paris for two seasons, the Chanel Cruise show will finally throw caution to the wind and sail to Capri on 7 May 2020. To celebrate the announcement, here's Grazia's guide to the anatomy of a Cruise collection.
- In 1913, Gabrielle Chanel launched sailorsuit-inspired looks at her first fashion boutique in Deauville.
- In Autumn/Winter 1919, she presented what became fashion's first Cruise collection
- The collections comprised lighter, unlined suits and evening dresses for luxury cruises and holidays in Biarritz.
- Karl Lagerfeld revived the Cruise collections when he took the helm in 1983.
- Karl's Cruise shows sailed to New York, Miami, Saint-Tropez, Singapore, Seoul, Cuba, and of course Dubai.
- Chanel Cruise Capri will be Karl's successor Virginie Viard's second Cruise show.
Photo: Instagram @karmi_op